Friday, March 22, 2013

NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balms: My thoughts!



Applelicious glossy lip balms are some of the latest offerings from New York Colour cosmetics. These lip balms deliver colour and shine to lips while giving lips the ultimate moisture boost with its lip spa formula. Each Applelicious lip balm contains a hydrating core with skin loving ingredients such as shea butter, jojoba and avocado oil to quench dehydrated lips thirst.

Applelicious Glossy lip balms are available in five shades and I was kindly sent three to try out:  351 Caramel Apple, 355 Applelicious Pink and 356 Big Apple Red.

Above L-R: 351 Caramel Apple, 355 Applelicious Pink and 356 Big Apple Red.

First of all these balms smell divine, kind of like candy apples. I've been wearing them since I got them and I love how moisturising they are and how they deliver a sheer pop of colour that's perfect for the spring summer/months.


Above L-R: 351 Caramel Apple, 355 Applelicious Pink and 356 Big Apple Red.


Above: 351 Caramel Apple on my lips.

351 Caramel Apple was my favourite shade simply because I have never come across such a pigmented nude balm before. In my experience, anytime I've used nude balms the pigmentation ends up falling short and looking like I'm wearing plain old Vaseline. Where as with this you get a nice nude tint to the lips. I'm in love!


Above: 355 Applelicious Pink on my lips.

Normally bright pink lip shades wouldn't be my thing but I have to say I'm loving this shade. Its a lovely sheer bright pink and very wearable especially if you're not into brights like me!

Above: 356 Big Apple Red on my lips.

Big Apple Red is a gorgeous colour! Its delivers a sheer pop of rosiness to the lips and is perfect for the coming summer months. It's great for lovers of a red lip who feel like an opaque red lip is too much to wear. This is just the right amount of colour. Its gorge! 

I'm loving these lip balms and I'm loving the fact that NYC have gotten the balance between the right amount of colour and the right amount of nourishing ingredients just right. Plus they're only €2.49.. BARGAIN!

Have you tried these lip balms? What do you think of them? Let me know in the comments below!

Love,

Emma,

XOXO








*P.S: A big thanks to NYC cosmetics for providing the products to review!

No comments:

Post a Comment